As the week draws to an end, we’re presented with another opportunity to reflect and shift focus to the important things, like what to have for breakfast on Saturday morning! Ha! Happy Friday!
I love the weekend because it means a lie in, family time and a good, hearty breakfast. As much as I’d love a stack of pancakes or French toast every morning (drool!), I’d love to live beyond 50 even more. So, every now and then I trade in the sugar and carbs for an equally indulgent breakfast salad! It’s healthy, hearty and super duper uber delicious! I find the breakfast salad to be one of the most deceptive meals because it doesn’t look like much but, boy does it fill you up! It’s a great choice to start the day off on the right foot and requires very little preparation. This breakfast salad has many of the usual breakfast staples bar the carbs. If you’re after a quick, healthy, delicious breakfast that doesn’t resemble bird food, I have two words for you: you’re welcome.
- 1½ cups Spinach
- Handful of Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 3 Strips of Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Avocado
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbs Fat free Vinaigrette (or choice of salad dressing)
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Grill your bacon for 12 mins until crispy (checking and turning every 5-7 mins).
- While the bacon is cooking, boil two eggs on medium-high heat for 12 mins.
- While your bacon and eggs are cooking, rinse your spinach and tomatoes and dry with a salad tosser to remove excess water.
- Slice your tomatoes in halves, toss with the spinach in a salad bowl along with your teaspoon of lemon juice until combined.
- Slice your avocado in half sprinkle over with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- When your bacon and eggs are ready, allow to cool until you can handle it without burning yourself.
- Your bacon should be crispy so break into pieces directly into your salad bowl along with your vinaigrette and toss until combined.
- I don't have an egg slicer so I've sliced the eggs into quarters for ease.
- When ready, serve your spinach, tomato bacon mix and place your avocado and eggs over, sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and chia seeds - most importantly, enjoy!
Thanks for reading, love you like I love life! x