When hunger strikes at quarter past midnight, you can’t have a meal and a snack bar won’t cut it, avocado toast is your friend. Or when you’re in a rush with exactly 2.5 seconds to whip something up and inhale, avocado toast is a lifesaver. It’s quick, easy, healthy and delicious and perfect for any time of day or night!
One of the best things about avocado toast is that there are endless varieties. You could have it with eggs, bacon or even hot sauce. You could also choose endless varieties of bread. It is, in my opinion, perfection. My favourite way to have avo toast is on malted bloomer bread smothered with a teeny bit of butter (because butter makes everything better!), a perfectly ripe avocado (mashed, with chunks) topped with salt’n’pepa, radish and chives – mmmm!
So simple yet so beautiful and so delicious!
- ½ Avocado (Ripe - should feel a slight squidge when firmly pressed but shouldn't feel mushy)
- 1 Radish
- ½ tsp Butter (optional)
- 1 slice Malted Bloomer
- Cut your avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Add salt to taste (I usually use Himalayan pink salt).
- Mash your avocado together with a fork - I prefer the texture slightly chunky (mash to desired texture). If you're having trouble mashing, put in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to loosen.
- Spread butter onto toast followed by avocado mash.
- Garnish with black pepper, sliced radish and finely chopped chives.
- Last but not least, enjoy!
Nom! This is how I enjoy my avocado toast. For added flavour, you could add a few drops of lemon juice to the avocado before mashing. You could even opt to slice the avocado rather than mash. The varieties are truly endless! It’s also perfect for vegans and the gluten-free – simply leave out the butter and use gluten-free bread. If you get a chance to try this recipe, or have your own version of avocado toast, I’d love to hear/see how it turned out! You can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, share your creation using the hashtag #chinnyskitchen.
Thanks for stopping by! x