It’s a long weekend and (pseudo-)summer so ribs is a must! Fortunately, finger-lickin’ good ribs don’t have to be done on the grill (thank God for that – London weather has been incredibly indecisive over the last few days!) I’ve come up with the bestest recipe for the bestest oven-baked ribs ever! They’re tender, sweet, spicy and sticky – perfect as an appetiser or as a main for dinner.
- 500g Pork Ribs
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp All Spice
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cyder Vinegar
- ½ tsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 tbs Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Sauce
- Spring onions to garnish
- Rinse your ribs and if you're using a rack of ribs, remove the membrane.
- Mix your spice rub ingredients together in a bowl until fully combined.
- Rub your spice rub on all sides of your ribs.
- Line your baking tray with tin foil. Cover the ribs and tray with another layer of tin foil. Allow to marinate for one to two hours in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C for 15-20 mins before putting your ribs in.
- Bake your ribs for 2½ hours on the middle tray.
- When ready, the flesh should peel back from the bones - the meat should be nice and tender. If not, allow your meat to cook for longer, checking in every 15 mins.
- When ready, use a food brush or spatula and coat the top side of your ribs with the bbq sauce.
- Place in the oven at 100°C and allow to cook for 10-15 mins.
- When ready, coat the other side with bbq sauce and repeat the step above.
- Finally, serve and enjoy! Garnish with spring onions if you're feeling fancy. No cutlery allowed!
I enjoyed these bad boys with a side of my sweet potato mash and it was a meal fit for royalty. Nom nom nom nom nom! I could hardly sit still, it felt like a party in my mouth and I was dancing the night away – it’s THAT good! Alternatively, you could choose to enjoy these with a simple side salad or steamed vegetables. The great thing about ribs is they’re quite versatile in terms of pairing – almost anything goes.
Thanks for reading, love you like I love these ribs! x